Skin


He came in, half light on light skin 
Wearing linen, nice man, real thin, hair thick 
I watched him from behind a shelf, like I was 
Ten years old, all over again 
One freckle on the cheek bone, alone, smiling 
But alone, bargaining, laughing with the old woman 
Just bought his first home, on wheels
Catches me, staring, it's no big 
Deal, except I fall in 
Love with everyone I meet these days 
It doesn't pay, to ask a stranger's name 
When you'll never see him again 
I laugh when he laughs, hoping that I can magically 
Attract, what he is putting out 
It's just a ten dollar bill, and some good will 
In exchange for a piece of cheap leather 
Leaves before I can say a word 
It's been like a few minutes 
Feels like years, I go outside to watch him  
And turn back in, half light on my hot skin. 

Comments

Popular Posts