Less to do with the Candlewax


I cannot tell if yesterday was awful
 

Or if my ripened, sour grape mind 

Is only playing tricks

Do my eyes tell me my thoughts are pruned?

When the skin of the idea is still intact

Encompassing the terror of love 

 

I consult an online magician 

The master overthinker

How do you get all that from a woman with a candlestick?

Does it mean my future with you is melting?

Apparently, it has less to do with the candlewax 

And more to do with intention

 

Jay has a friend who is getting really good 

Apparently, she has a sense 

And I supposed maybe she would, as she controlled bong smoke

With needled lips and snake carpet 

 

I can’t bring myself to believe in anything

Not in feeling or still light or death 

I suppose this makes for an awfully numb life 

But the lack of disappointment makes it worth while 

In the end. 

Comments

Popular Posts